Nothing says “summer is here” like a refreshing watermelon salad packed with fresh mint, feta cheese, and our Peppermint Tincture. This simple dish makes a delicious choice for summer picnics and beach days and can easily be doubled to feed a crowd.
How to Make a Watermelon, Mint, and Feta Summer Salad
Start with a simple dressing of lemon juice, olive oil, salt, and pepper. Once combined, chop some watermelon into bite sized pieces and add it to the dressing along with half a small onion. Roughly chop a handful of fresh mint leaves – leave a few for garnish – and finish the salad off with our Peppermint Tincture and plenty of feta cheese. Gently fold everything together, then chill in the fridge before serving for the ultimate summer treat.
Add in cucumbers for some extra crunch or hot sauce if you like things spicy. Not a fan of mint? Swap it out for basil and use our Natural Tincture instead.
- Juice from half a lemon
- ¼ cup olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 to 3 cups watermelon, chopped
- Half a small red onion, diced
- Handful of fresh mint leaves
- Peppermint Tincture
- Feta cheese
- For the dressing, whisk the lemon juice, olive oil, salt, and pepper together in a medium bowl until well combined.
- Chop between two and three cups of watermelon into bite sized pieces, and add to the bowl with the dressing.
- Dice half a small red onion, and add to the same bowl.
- Roughly chop some fresh mint leaves, and add to the watermelon mixture along with feta cheese crumbles and our Peppermint Tincture.
- Gently mix everything together, and chill in the fridge before serving. Garnish with any leftover mint leaves.
What’s your favorite warm weather recipe? Comment below what you’ll be making to kick off the summer season!